venerdì 16 luglio 2010

Terada Katsuya

As you may easily guess, I'm a huge fan of Terada Katsuya; I also graduated with an essay about his art and his philosophy, I think he's my all-time favorite illustrator, along with Moebius.
He's always been an inspiration to me, both in drawing and sculpture, thus I chose this nickname.
So, today, since I got volume two of Saiyukiden and a small booklet titled Terada Gabon, I took pictures of some of the lot of things by Terada I got in my room.

This are Saiyukiden 2 and Terada Gabon, with a picture of one of the sick monsters appearing in the book; very Go Nagai-ish.

Here's my bookshelf of Terada's personal artbooks and comics, I have many other books with his works, scattered around my bookshelves, he appeared on many collective artbooks like Lemni3003, Flat and S.M.H. He also had a lot of illustrations on Nirasawa's artbook Creature Core. I'm missing a couple of his latest artbooks like Viva Il Ciclissimo and his design book for animated movie Yona.
And yes, I have two copies of Rakugaking, one is for reference and scanning, the other one is almost immaculate.

And finally, Terada's own sculpture and related ones, Keita Amemiya's sculpture and the wall plaque were made by Terada himself, the Milk Girl was sculpted by Gill Gill's guys and sold at a WonderFestival. I'm desperately looking for Terada's Nina by Begul, it's wonderful and I wish I can get it sometime.

I'm thinking about making some more artists only posts; maybe about lesser known artists; in the meantime, I'll keep posting snippets of my modelling works.

Ciao!